Friday, April 9, 2010

Daily Practice.

Everyday I hold my breath; I reject life and stop the physical intake for as long as I can. The need to document such a practice never really occurred to me. I feel that the idea is so much more important than the actual act of holding my breath that this performance need not be documented but purely experienced and thought about. Perhaps if I were told that someone wanted to exhibit the word I would request that the text "reject that which gives you life" be visible some where, and the viewers could then perform on their own, or just think about it.

This work is to be seen as a comment on the living vs. the living. It can also be seen as an anti-consumer piece, however it’s not my intention to communicate this- not that that’s ever stopped anyone from appropriating his or her own thoughts before. This of course is the beauty of all art, opinion and experience.

(lose) control (of) yourself

No comments:

Post a Comment